1. How will I be charged for my move?
The total amount due will be comprised of two factors, labor and travel. Labor is calculated by the amount of hours your move takes from start to finish. Travel is calculated by the distance between our Terminal and the starting point, as well as the distance between ending point back to our Terminal.
2. Are you Licensed and Insured?
3. What method of payment do you accept?
Cash or Credit Card. Personal Check is not accepted.
4. How much should I tip?
Tips are given at your discretion. On average, tips are between $5.00 and $7.00 per man, per hour.
5. Do you have an hourly minimum?
We have a 4 hour minimum for all jobs in Nassau and Suffolk and a 4 hour minimum for moves where one destination is west of Nassau.
6. Can you give an estimate over the phone?
The most accurate way of giving an estimate is to come to your residence and do a visual survey. Anything short of that is more of a guess.
7. Do you offer Storage? Interstate moving?
No, we do not currently offer these services.
8. Are my belongings insured while they are being moved?
Most renter’s and homeowner’s insurance policies do not cover your belongings while they are in transit. Your Blue Collar Moving℠ representative can help you with Free Basic Liability Protection and Maximum Value Protection (programs that provide protection for your goods during a move) – One of many ways Blue Collar Moving℠ goes above and beyond for our customers.
The Following Items Cannot be Loaded onto our Trucks:
- Flammable or explosive materials such as fireworks, cleaning solutions, propane tank, alcohol/oil based products, paints, etc.
- Guns and ammunition
- Frozen or Perishable Food
- Live Plants
- Jewelry, watches, money, or stamps. Take valuables in your personal vehicle.